Lessons and excursions include all the necessary equipment to be on the water:
We provide everything you required to go stand up paddling. You just show up, no need to lug the boards anywhere or rent anything!
Lessons are 1 1/2 to 2 hours and are conducted on *flat water.
Beginners will be introduced to Stand Up Paddling (SUPing) in the safest waters near Manzanita, Nehalem or Wheeler area. Things you will learn:
- Lessons are taught with strong consideration to each person’s personal needs. Your instructor will be with you and others the whole tour. Your safety and enjoyment and learning of the sport is our primary goal.
- Basic fundamentals of SUPing on the best boards – very wide and stable.
- You will learn all about safety and proper clothing so you can do this sport in complete comfort.
- You will learn about effective paddling, balance, position, and movement and of course falling-recovery techniques.
- You will leave the lesson with all you need to know to pursue this sport on your own, buy your own equipment and/or return for one of our excursion days for more fun and adventure.
- Best of all you will learn how much fun this sport is and what an amazing workout it is. The benefits of SUPing besides being a soulful and endearing activity; it is great for your body! This is a low impact workout that will lean you out, give you balance, build muscles and strengthen your heart.
- Lessons are conducted in the morning; this is the best time of day because of low wind and quiet calm waters.
- All you need to do is show up and maybe bring a towel just in case :-) We will provide all necessary equipment!
- We also take photos!
- Private $160
- 1-2 $120/person
- 3 -4 $100/person
- 5-6 $90/person
- 6 or more to be arranged
- Free for children and dogs not needing own board!
Private group lessons are perfect for parties, business team building and family gatherings!
Join us on some very cool sup tours and/or adventures that include some hidden treasures in and around the Nehalem River Valley. These tours are designed for all levels of fitness and and skills.
Also for those of you that have experience paddling and want to try an ocean tour, we have some ideas and adventures for you. Ask Janice for more information.
For more information and any questions feel free to call Janice 503 368-4777
*Note: Private lessons or adventures are with Janice B Gaines; in addition to the SUP lesson sessions may include personal fitness training, injury rehab, nutrition consultation as well as live style/wellness coaching.
Lessons and tours can be weather dependent. We will not take you into rainy, windy, choppy, or otherwise sketchy weather or water conditions unless you want to!